Bakery Hill Classic ‘Cask Strength’ Single Malt Whisky is an intense whisky full of vanilla, cocoa and spice made using Australian barley.
Jim Murray’s Tasting Notes
- NOSE: A distinct Speyside style with fresh grasses and citric fruits linking with delicate vanilla for a beautiful aroma.
- TASTE: Almost unbelievable barley intensity, but wonderful cocoa background.
- FINISH: That wonderful cocoa theme continues but again the barley is spot on.
- Conclusion: Balance, there are about 20 distilleries in Speyside that would die to be able to make whisky this stunningly integrated. Young, barely pubescent but sheer, unadulterated class.
Producer’s tasting notes
- NOSE: An intensely sweet satin smooth malt with overtones of vanilla, almond meal and Jaffa.
- PALATE: The palate is reminiscent of spiced orange Turkish Delight, with a fresh mouth cleansing zestiness all intermingled with malty cereal and cocoa. Rich and sweet without being cloying. A brilliant balance of sensations.
- FINISH: The finish is deep and enveloping with lingering malt richness.